- In 1959 one of the most fantastic construction marvels of all time: The building of a 5 1/2 million, 11 acre addition of amazing attractions.
* A 14 1/2 story Matterhorn
* The Submarine Voyage
* The Nations first monorail
* Four new multi-level Autopia
* Two new lakes, which guest will take motorboat cruises.
In 1980 the lagoon was drained , and a 35 foot long by 12 feet wide by four feet hole was discovered and repaired. An estimated 40,000 gallons of water each day was lost from the Motor Boat Cruise and Submarine ride.
* The Matterhorn was thought off when Walt Disney had come back from making trips from Swizerland in 1953 and the filming of "The Thrid Man on the Monutain" in 1958.